About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Reds Captured By Indians





Jay Bruce and Ryan Ludwick hit back-to-back singles in the fourth inning. They were the only hits until Max Ramirez doubled in the ninth inning in the Reds 4-0 loss.  Nyjer Morgan made a diving catch of Ramon Santiago's bid for a double, leading off the inning..

Homer Bailey in his first spring start since signing his six-year, $105 million contract extension, walked Lonnie Chisenhall in the second inning, then gave up a home run to Ryan Raburn in his two innings of work.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
"This is just a normal spring," said Bailey when asked if the contract put him more at ease. "I was a little off today which is expected.  I walked Chisenhall and missed with two close pitches. During the regular season, I probably would have put them where I wanted to."

Robert Stephenson, the Reds first draft pick in 2011, got his first tasted of major league baseball.  He got two quick outs then walked a batter.  He had trouble after he went into the stretch.  The Indians scored on run on a single and the second run crossed the plate when Juan Duran's throw home from rightfield went into the Reds dugout.

Aroldis Chapman struck out all three batters he faced.

"One thing we know for sure is our guys are ready," Bryan Price said. "We keep tabs on all of our guys and we got a pretty good visual on Chappy."

The Reds pitchers were much better as a group today.

"I like the energy and enthusiasm so far," Price said.

No comments:

Post a Comment