About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Logan Ondrusek Optioned to Louisville Curtis Partch Recalled






The Reds recalled from Triple-ALouisville right-handed pitcher Curtis Partch.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

Right-handed pitcher Logan Ondrusek was optioned to Louisville.

Partch, who will wear number 46, began the season at Class AA Pensacola and in eight appearances there posted a 2.16 ERA, while converting all four save opportunities.

Partch was promoted to Louisville on April 24.  He made 16 appearances for the Bats, earning a 1-2 record with a  3.74 ERA. Partch converted 2-3 save opportunities (21.2ip, 19h, 9er, 10bb, 27k, 1hr). He last pitched Wednesday and suffered the 10-inning, 8-7 loss to Norfolk (1ip, 2h, 1er, 1bb, 0k, 24 pitches).

.When Partch pitches for the Reds, he will become the fourth Reds' player this season to make his Major League debut (Outfielder Derrick Robinson on 4/5 vs Washington, infielder/outfielder Donald Lutz on 4/29 at St. Louis, Neftali Soto 5/18 at Philadelphia).

Ondrusek allowed four runs to St. Louis last night.

"Ondrusek was struggling at home.  He was pitching pretty good on the road," Dusty Baker said. "We want to try to figure out why he was having trouble at home.  Hopefully, he goes down and gets straightened out.  Sometimes you've got to make a move."

Partch is on the Reds' 40-man roster.

"Partch was throwing well they said.  He is getting all of his pitches over," Baker said.  "We have few on the roster to choose from."

Partch, the Reds' 26th round pick in the 2007 draft from Merced, California, was sleeping at 10:30 this morning in Louisville's Gault House when Bats' manager Jim Riggleman knocked on his door.

"I thought I was in trouble," Partch said.  "I wasn't expecting it. Jim called but my roommate Billy Hamilton and I, thought it was the cleaning lady.  We usually sleep through that but Jim knocked on the door and Billy told me that Jim wanted to see me. I was half asleep when he told me.  It was an easy drive.  I got here really early."

The move did catch him by surprise.

"I thought I was pitching really good," Partch said.  "When they made me a reliever last year, I felt that I had a chance to take it pretty far.  It feels pretty good.  I like having the possibility that you can get into any game.  It is different than being a starter because you have a routine."

Texts and phone calls flooded the 26-year old's phone.

"I got to call my dad (Randy Partch).  That was pretty special.  That was a cool moment. It is too far for them to come. He told me that he would have to order the Reds' package on TV."

The closest Partch got to Great American Ball Park was the garage in 2009.  He was being bussed along with his Dayton Dragon teammates after spring training in Sarasota.  The Reds had an exhibition game scheduled between the major league team and its prospects called the Future's Game.

"They were dropping some of the guys off for the game.  We were in the garage.  I stayed on the bus and we went to Dayton," Partch said.



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120






No comments:

Post a Comment