About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Jonathn Broxton On The DL - Pedro Villarreal Recalled






The Reds tried to avoid using Jonathan Broxton in Chicago but were forced to rely on his strained right elbow during a 14-inning game on Thursday.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

There is no structural damage. Rest is required.  Broxton could be throwing again in three to four days.

"It came out better than we thought," Dusty Baker said.  "He just needs rest.  We are in a situation were we can't afford to be short.  We wanted to avoid using Broxton in Chicago.  We didn't want to say anything.  I think we give too much information to the opposition. I have to eat the criticism.  I didn't want to send him out there but we were assured by the medical staff beforehand that we couldn't make it worse by pitching him."

Villarreal made an emergency start against the Colorado Rockies on June 5 and was sent back to Triple-A Louisville the next day.  Villarreal was the losing pitcher in the Reds' 12-4 loss.  He last pitched on Monday against Durham, pitching six innings. Villarreal allowed four runs on five hits and two walks.  He threw 103 pitches.

"We need bodies," Baker said.







Professionally edited by ML Schirmer

for proof reading services call
513-240-3120


No comments:

Post a Comment