About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Johnny Cueto Removed From the DL - Pedro Villarreal Sent Back To Louisville






Johnny Cueto was activated from the 15-day disabled list to start the game Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers.

Pedro Villarreal got a major league paycheck for one day and was sent back to Louisville a little heavier in the wallet without being needed to pitch.

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/

The Reds are going to keep a close eye on Cueto and already have a backup plan.

"It is Cingrani's day to pitch also," manager Dusty Baker said.  "Like any injury, the toughest part is the mental aspect.  You can't think about it and pitch at the same time.  You have to forget about it.  When Johnny came off the disabled list the last time, he was excellent."

Cueto admitted that no matter how much he tries, it will be difficult to keep his mind off his lat and oblique - the source of his pain.

"I will try not to think about it," Cueto said.  'I am human though and probably will think about it. It feels really good right now. As a human being you  know how we are, it is hard to put something like that out of your mind."

The Reds haven't talked to Cueto about a pitch count.

"They haven't said anything to me so I don't know; maybe 80 pitches," Cueto said.  'I'm just going to get on the mound and pitch."

Baker will limit Cueto somewhat.

"We hope he stays out of the big inning," Baker said. "The first time he came back he was a little rough.  The second time he was excellent."


Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120


No comments:

Post a Comment