About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Reds Play White Sox Brandon Phillips is Back





(Will update after morning meeting with manager)

Brandon Phillips rejoins the lineup in a game against the Chicago White Sox and its starter, John Danks.

Phillips has been out of the Reds camp since March 4 and was playing with more intensity than the other players in camp.  Dusty Baker wants to work him with the three candidates for the open utility role to make him familiar with double play combinations.

The Reds lineup against Danks is:

Derrick Robinson CF
Brandon Phillips 2B
Joey Votto 1B
Chris Heisey LF
Jay Bruce RF
Todd Frazier 3B
Emmanuel Burris SS
Devin Mesoraco C
Homer Bailey P


No comments:

Post a Comment