About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oak Hills Lefty Joel Bender Pitching Friday






Oak Hills High graduate from the class of 2010 is currently on the Dayton Dragons roster.

The 21-year old has made three spring appearances and had some good outings.  He is scheduled to pitch in Goodyear against the White Sox's A farm team the Kannapolis Intimidators from Kannapolis, NC.

"They are pitching me a lot," Bender said. "I've had three outings and they have been great so far.  I was on Bakersfield until the Reds' sent some down.  I am hoping it holds and I pitch for Dayton this year."

Bender stayed in extended spring last season then reported to Billings in June.  He started five games and made 15 total appearances. Bender pitched 53 innings for the Mustangs (not to be confused with Western Hills). He had a 3-4 record with a 6.75 ERA.

No comments:

Post a Comment