About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Joey Votto Is Absent from Canada's World Baseball Classic Roster

While Brandon Phillips will be representing the USA in the World Baseball Classic, Joey Votto was not named to the Canadian team's 23-man provisional roster.

 Votto was limited to 111 games by a knees injury that required surgery last season. He would need to pass an insurance physical before he can be added to the roster.

 The teams in the WBC have until February 20 to finalize its roster. There is still a chance Votto will join the team.









No comments:

Post a Comment