About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Joey Votto In Final Stages Before His Return

Joey Votto is testing his surgically repaired knee with the Dayton Dragons.

The plan is for Votto to play five innings for two games with the Dragons, then return to the Reds in Houston, if his knee passes the test.

"We're playing it totally by ear," Votto said.  "That I'm able to play speaks to the progress I've made.  I'm happy to get on the field again.  I'm not 100 percent yet but when you start your rehab, you're usually not."

The road back from an injury first sustained on June 28 in San Francisco sliding into thirdbase, had a setback.  He played with the injury for over a week but had surgery on July 17.  He discovered loose cartilage during a sliding drill two weeks ago that extended his stay on the disabled list.

"I'm learning a lot about my knee and my body.  The sooner I get back the better obviously but I'm not going to rush it.  It doesn't make much sense right now," Votto said.







No comments:

Post a Comment