About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Homer Bailey Has His Best Outing Reds Win 1-0 Over White Sox

Homer Bailey pitched four scoreless innings and is right on schedule to build his innings by opening day.

"I was able to keep the ball down, that was the big difference today.  My last outing was the only one I wasn't happy with," Bailey said.

Bailey walked one but and three hits, one a bunt single.

The Reds scored the only run of the game on a bunt hit by Wilson Valdez.

The Reds only had four hits themselves, a double and single from Zack Cozart, a single by Miguel Cairo and the bunt single by Valdez.

"Everybody threw the ball great," Dusty Baker said.  "We didn't hit a lot but got just enough to win.  We talked about winning one-run games in the meeting this morning.  Valdez is a smart player.  He wanted to stay away from the double play.  That's what the White Sox wanted."

Runners were on first and third following a walk to Daryl Jones and Cairo's single.  Valdez dropped a bunt to the right of the mound and beat it easily as Jones scored.

Nick Masset pitched in a game for the first time since March 4.

"It felt strange being out there but its good to be back," said Masset, who only threw six pitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment