About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Reds Pitcher Thanks Local Coach For His Help

Mark Brackman out of Moeller High School made his major league debut with the New York Yankees last September.

Over the winter he signed with the Reds and is in spring training, trying to win a spot on his hometown team.

The son of former Anderson High School basketball star, Mark Brackman, stands 6'10" and played baseball and basketball at North Carolina State.  His Moeller squad won a state title.

As a youth, Brackman, worked with former Colerain football and basketball standout, Russel Foster.  Foster operates a coaching clinic for young baseball hopefuls.

When Brackman made his major league debut, he sent Foster a copy of the lineup card..

No comments:

Post a Comment