About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frazier Gets Even With Chapman

Two years ago Aroldis Chapman came to Goodyear and sent a buzz throughout the baseball world.

All eyes were on Chapman during the Reds intrasquad game as he faced his teammates for the first time in game situations.

Todd Frazier stepped in the batter's box to face the lefthander fresh out of Cuba.  As Frazier dug in knowing that Chapman can throw the baseball over 100 miles per hour, he had no idea what was coming next.

Chapman's first pitch drilled Frazier at the left knee cap.  Down went Frazier, who had to sit out four days until the swelling went away.

This afternoon, Chapman faced Frazier in live batting practice.  This time Frazier knew what was coming and launched the pitch over the left field fence onto Wood Boulevard.

"It too me two years but I got the SOB," Frazier said.

No comments:

Post a Comment