About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Colerain State Champion Players Sign With NFL Teams

Cobran'i Mixon signed with the Detroit Lions.  Brian Lainhart signed with the Cincinnati Bengals and Eugene Clifford signed with the Baltimore Ravens.

Mixon first attended the University of Michigan but transferred to Kent State to join Lainhart, who was the career NCAA interception leader going into his senior season for Golden Flashes.

Clifford originally played at Ohio State but transferred to Tennesee State to finish his collegiate career.

All three played on the Colerain 2004 state championship team, all on defense.  Lainhart was injured much of the season but played a role late in the playoff run.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment