About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Travis Wood Optioned to Louisville Sam LeCure is Reinstated From the DL

The Reds sent Travis Wood back to Louisville prior to the doubleheader with the New York Yankees.  Wood was the losing pitcher on Monday night.

Wood has been spotty in his 16 starts.  He is 5-5 but lost two of his last three decisions.  He had a fourth start in which he had no decision, when he pitched eight innings and allowed two runs to San Francisco.

LeCure has been pitching well in his rehab assignment.  He pitched three scoreless innings against Toledo on Saturday.

Baseball Voices
Wood's next scheduled start was to be on Sunday at Baltimore.  He will probably start for Louisville in Toledo on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment