About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Rickie Weeks Passes Brandon Phillips In 2B All-Star Voting

                                


Rickie Weeks leads Brandon Phillips by 78,397 votes according to Major League       Baseball's latest release of the National League All-Star voting. 

Phillips was slumping until his last six games.  He is hitting .444 during his current six-game streak with a home run.  His average jumped from the mid .270's to .291.

Weeks had the advantage of a Milwaukee Brewers homestand.  Weeks has multi-hit games in seven of his last 12 starts.




Other Reds in the voting are:

Joe Votto third place at 1B
Scott Rolen fifth place at 3B
Jay Bruce sixth place OF




No comments:

Post a Comment