About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mt St Joe's Steve Matre Is Throwing Smoke

Steve Matre's baseball career has just begun but that beginning is pretty impressive.  The 39th draft choice of the Los Angeles Dodgers out of the Mount and Purcell Marian High School, threw two more scoreless innings on Saturday against.the Casper Ghosts, that's correct the Casper Wyoming Ghosts of the Pioneer League.

Matre now has logged four innings, all in relief, with seven strikeouts.  He has allowed two hits. Just as impressive than the seven strikouts, Matre hasn't walked a batter.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment