About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Edinson Volquez vs Andrew Brackman on Saturday

Edinson Volquez gave up a run in the first inning in his start at Louisville two.

The Reds struggling starter was plagued by bad starts in his 10 major league starts.  That was a contributing factor to his early season demotion.   Scranton Wilkes Barre scored in the first inning but Volquez last 7 2/3 and allowed just one more run on five hits and two walks.  He struck out five.

Andrew Brackman out of Moeller High School allowed two runs in 4 1/3 innings.  He gave up just one hit but walked six while striking out eight.

Louisville won 4-3 but neither started got a decision.


Scoreboard | Louisville Bats Scoreboard

No comments:

Post a Comment