About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sappelt Coming

Dave Sappelt leads the Reds in hitting so far this spring but is not quite ready for the big leagues yet.

He has two home runs to go with his .533 batting average and had two hits in the "B" game today.

"He can hit. He is swinging the bat good." Dusty Baker said.  "Not to slight the kid at all, he's hit great.  But there is more to being a big leaguer than hitting.  There are some things he needs to work on.  He's coming.  Keep swinging and keep working.

Sappelt was the Reds minor league hitter of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment