About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Leake Less Strength Better Outing Reds Win 9-1

The last time Mike Leake pitched he thought he was Nolan Ryan.

The harder he tried to throw the ball the harder his pitches were hit.  He left too many out over the plate and the ball didn't move as much.

He worked with Bryan Price afterwards.

"We worked on a few things.  I remembered how I'm supposed to pitch.  I'm not going to throw a fastball by anybody."

"It was good to see especially against that lineup.  They have some mashers over there.  The last time he tried to throw hard, hard, harder.  This time he changed speeds off his fastball.  He threw good strikes," Dusty Baker said.

While Leake was throttling the powerful White Sox, his mates were pounding John Danks

Drew Stubbs singled to raise his average to .273.  Brandon Phillips doubled to increase his average to .348
Ramon Hernandez had two hits as the DH.  He seems to be ok after missing a week with a sore right elbow.

Jonny Gomes hit his fourth home run.  Career minor leaguer Brian Barton hit a home run.  Mike Costanzo also homered.

Jared Burton had to be taken out of the game.

"He just didn't feel right," Baker said.  "We'll have him checked out.  He didn't hurt or anything.  He just felt he couldn't get his arm all the way back.  It just didn't feel right."

No comments:

Post a Comment