About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Schmoe Its Spring

Face it. Its cold.  I see the snow still on the ground but baseball the all-time signal for warmer weather is coming.

I am heading out to Goodyear, Arizona Sunday morning for six weeks. The Cincinnati Reds and Cleveland Indians begin reporting for training on Tuesday.  Every day I will put an update about the Reds and even the Indians on this blog.

Baseball fans among you be sure to click follow on this blog.  I will do my best to keep you up-to-date with things of interest.  News, anecdotes, things to do in Arizona, pictures and maybe even video with sound.

There will be less talk about contracts, money and the business of baseball.  I want to capture the feel and the action. I want to get back to the reason we enjoy the game as a part of our lives.

I have been lucky enough to be able to string for the Associated Press during this period.  I am lucky enough to caddy for a Hall of Fame writer, Hal McCoy.  I sincerely hope that some of his talents rub off on me.

The Reds and Dusty Baker, I'm sure a looking to improve on a pretty successful season.  The Indians and their very likeable manager, Manny Acta will be young and inexperienced but intend to compete.

In addition to helping the AP, I will be writing copy for http://battleofohiobaseball.com/  plus this blog.

So click that follow key and enjoy the ride to spring, warm weather and baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment