About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Baker Keeps Contact with Mark Prior

Dusty Baker's detractors assert that he ruined the careers of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood.

Why is it a mystery?  Pitching is tough on the human arm.  Nearly every pitcher breaks down over the course of a career.  Bronson Arroyo is a notable exception.

Prior is attempting a comeback with the New York Yankees.  He has twice signed contracts with San Diego but hasn't pitched in the major leagues since August 10, 2006.

It is obvious that Prior, the only one who can truly judge, does not hold Baker responsible.

"I talked to him before we went to spring training," Baker said.  "How is he doing?  Did you hear?"



Professionally edited by ML Schirmer
for proof reading services call
513-240-3120

No comments:

Post a Comment