About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Xavier Beats Dayton 81-76

Tu Holloway scored 24 points to lead Xavier to a win over the team that they have competed with the most.

Xavier has beaten Dayton 30 straight times in game played outside the UD Arena.  Dayton has not won a game in Cincinnati since Jimmy Carter was president.  They beat Xavier in Riverfront Coliseum on January 10, 1981 before any of the current rosters were born.

Xavier also tied an A-10 record with 33 straight conference wins at home.

Chris Johnson hit a 3-point shot with three minutes left to give Dayton its last lead. There were 15 lead changes and 10 ties.  Xavier's largest lead was six points and Dayton held a four point lead.  Those were the largest margins.

No comments:

Post a Comment