About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dayton and Xavier Ancient Rivals Meet

Xavier's first varsity game was on February 20, 1920.  It's first opponent was Dayton.

Dayton won that one 24-18 and leads the series 82-70 but Xavier has beaten Dayton in Cincinnati 25 straight times.  The Musketeers have won 29 straight against Dayton on any court outside of UD Arena.

Also, a win at the Cintas Center tonight will tie an Atlantic 10 record for consecutive home wins in conference.

Xavier has won 33 straight A-10 games.

Dayton (14-4, 2-1 A10) enters the game with seven wins in its last eight games.  Xavier lost to Cincinnati on January 6 but the Musketeers (10-5, 2-0) has won two games in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment