About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Reds Have No Choice and A Slim Chance

Dusty Baker took a fatalistic approach to his team's 0-2 predicament in the National League Division Series.

"We have no choice," Baker said. "It is a tough spot, but it's not impossible. All things are possible through faith and perseverance. I've been in this situation, down 2-1, down three with three to go. In 1980, Arroyo I think was in Boston when they were down 3-0 in a best of seven, and they came back and won four."


"Like I said yesterday, the hardest thing is to win one. And you win one, and you got yourself some action. And we've got our backs up against the wall, but this club performs well with our backs up against the wall. That's the kind of club we have. I wish we didn't always have our backs against the wall, but, you know, we've been there before, not necessarily in elimination, but we're just trying to get one." 

No comments:

Post a Comment