About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leake Is Shutdown for 2010

Dusty Baker told the media that Mike Leake will not pitch again this season.

He will travel with the team for the playoffs but will not be activated on the post season roster.  There wouldn't be enough time to build his arm strength back.

The Reds were concerned that the Major League schedule would be too much for the rookie who showed enough talent to skip the minor leagues completely.

"He hasn't been on the mound and the other guys are sharper.  He was a bit disappointed but he was happy when he found out he would be traveling with us.  I told him that without him we wouldn't be where we are.  He was a big part of this thing," Baker said.

No comments:

Post a Comment