About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Houston Intends to Spoil the Party

Houston used three singles and a squeeze bunt by starting pitcher Wandy Rodriguez to take a 2-1 lead into the third inning.

Chris Johnson and Brett Wallace singled but Edinson Volquez forced Johnson at third on a bunt attempt by Angel Sanchez.  Jason Castro hit a 1-2 pitch for a single to score Wallace and send Sanchez to third.  Rodriguez bunted as Sanchez raced home.

Brandon Phillips reached by being hit with a pitch to start the Reds second.  He was caught stealing by Castro as Jay Bruce struck out.  Ramon Hernandez struck out to end the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment