About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Beautiful Night in the Bushes

I'm in Louisville watching the Bats take on Syracuse.  This beautiful minor league park is matched only by a beautiful evening on the river.

I want to catch up with Todd Frazier and Yonder Alonso.  Frazier is not in the lineup but Alonso is at firstbase.

Alonso from the University of Miami is one of two first rounders in the Bats lineup.  Devin Mesoraco is making his second Triple A start tonight.  In his Louisville debut, all he did was hit a walkoff grand slam.  Mesoraco is making his third stop in the chain.  He played 43 games at Lynchburg and 56 at Carolina before being promoted here.  They 22-year old is hitting a combined .315 with 24 home runs and 66 RBI.  Just as impressive are his five triples and .388 on base percentage.  He has fanned just 68 times in 349 at bats.

Sudden Sam LeCure is on the hill for the Bats.  He kept the Reds afloat in his first trip to the Major Leagues this year.  Aaron Harang gets a rehab start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment