About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Volquez Makes His First Start After Surgery

2008 All-Star pitcher Edinson Volquez was reinstated from the 60-day disabled list and will start tonight against the Colorado Rockies.

To make room on the 40-man roster, Mike Lincoln was transfered from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list.

Matt Maloney was optioned to Louisville in the International League.

"He will probably have some anxiety," Dusty Baker said.  "Sometimes when you've been shooting for a goal for a long time, you get anxious when you finally get there.  I imagine after the first couple hitters that will go away."

Volquez built up to 95 pitches in his rehab starts so the Reds aren't too concerned about how far he goes.

"It depends on how stressful his innings are," Baker said.  "It is not hero time right out of the gate.  He has to be honest with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment