About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Reds Activate Brandon Williamson And Recall Juan Brito

    https://gofund.me/b67c71781



Dateline: Cincinnati  


The Reds activated Brandon Williamson from the 60-day injured list.

The left handed starting pitcher was shut down after six starts on April 30 with shoulder fatigue. He had missed 15 months from "Tommy John" surgery in 2024 before having an good spring training and making the starting rotation.

Williamson will start on Wednesday and slot in to piggy back with Chase Burns the rest of the season.

The Reds recalled second baseman Juan Brito from Triple A Louisville. Brito came to the Reds from the Cleveland Guardians for Nathaniel Lowe.

Brito spent a little time with Terry Francona in 2022, when the Guardians traded Nolan Jones to the Colorado Rockies. His time with the Guardians was limited to minor league spring training camp.

He broke in with Cleveland earlier this year and appeared in 14 games at second base. He had nine hits in 51 at bats but four of them were doubles for a .176 average. He drove in three runs and walked four times. In the field he was charged with four errors.

"Juan's a kid. I know him a little bit," Terry Francona said. "I think it was my last year in Cleveland. He's a switch hitter. His main position is probably second but he can play third. It is two fold. Elly (De La Cruz) is dhing probably the next couple days. Also with Geno (Eugenio Suarez) becoming a citizen which we fully support. We just didn't want to be caught short. He is going to play tonight."

Brito is in the starting lineup at second base. Edwin Arroyo will start at third base. They will have three switch hitters in the lineup.

"I was in my room when my manager at Triple A (Pat Kelly) told me, Brito said through Reds' intern, Randy Escabi. "I asked him if he was sure. It is something that I've been working for. I am happy to be here."

He was at Louisville for just a couple of weeks, so the Triple A staff had a short time to evaluate him.

"I worked on my hitting and defense and I felt good," Brito said. "The coaches, the players treated me like I was a part of the organization. Terry Francona gave me a lot of motivation in Cleveland. It is something that can help players going forward. He gave me a lot of good advice."

It is a new challenge for Brito.

"I want to just have fun, work hard. It is important to give it everything I've got."




No comments:

Post a Comment