About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, August 3, 2026

The Reds Trade Nathaniel Lowe And Caleb Ferguson

       https://gofund.me/b67c71781


Dateline: Cincinnati  

The Reds traded Nathaniel Lowe and Caleb Ferguson, two players who were signed as free agents. 

Lowe was  signed on February 14 to a free agent contract. He played 83 games for the Reds as a first baseman and DH. He was slashing .266/.341/.480 with 17 doubles, 12 home runs and 37 RBI.

 He will play out this season with the Cleveland Guardians who sent young right hander Alejandro Rivera to the Reds from the Arizona Complex League. Rivera was signed as a 17-year old in 2024. He made 12 appearances including eight starts. He is 4-2 with a 2.44 ERA. He’s walked 16 in 48 innings while striking out 70.

The Guardians sent infielder Juan Brito, who they designated for assignment after 15 games with a .176 average with four doubles. He played 83 games at Triple A Columbus. He is hitting .237 with 19 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 48 RBI.

Left hander Caleb Ferguson signed a free agent contract on December 18. He started the season on the injured list. He returned in late May. 

The Reds sent him to the St. Louis Cardinals for $250,000 in foreign player pool money.

Ferguson appeared in 26 games, starting one against the Cleveland Guardians last week as an opener.

He is 1-0 with one save with a 4.01 ERA.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment