About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, August 14, 2026

E.P. Is OK MRI Shows Clean Arm

  https://gofund.me/b67c71781



Dateline: Cincinnati  


Reds' closer Emilio Pagan created concern when he was not used to close out the series ending victory over the Chicago White Sox on Thursday (081326).

He had some discomfort gripping his split fingered fastball, an key for Pagan to close games.

"The MRI was clean. There was no damage. It was just uncomfortable gripping my splitter," said Pagan, who missed 46 games with a strained left hamstring. "I wanted to pitch but I understand why we had to be cautious. It only bothers me on the split. On my other two pitches I didn't feel it. Now that the the MRI proved there was no damage. I have confidence to throw it."

Pagan has seven saves and two wins in his last nine outings.

The Reds are three games into 17 games in 16 days with a make up game on Monday against the St. Louis Cardinals. 

The Reds sent setup pitcher, Tony Santillan, who has already missed 40 games with a strained left oblique. He is on a rehab assignment in Triple A Louisville. 

Graham Ashcraft, who has been dealing with a UCL strain in his right elbow is also making slower progress to return.

Those three pitchers are the staples that Terry Francona uses to navigate from the starting pitcher to the end of the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment