About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Brady Singer Seven Innings Again?

     https://gofund.me/b67c71781


Dateline: Cincinnati  

Brady Singer hopes to keep his streak alive for working into the seventh inning. If he does againt the Cleveland Guardians it will be his fourth straight game.

His 3-9 4.53 ERA is not reflective of his most recent of his 20 outings on the season. He won his last two decisions and was one out away from pitching seven full innings against the Seattle Mariner on July 22. 

Singer is 3-4 with a 5.18 ERA against the Guardians in 15 starts, lifetime. He started against them on May 17 in Cleveland and was on the losing end of a 10-3 decision. Singer allowed five runs in four innings on seven hits, that included three home runs, one by Chase DeLauter and two by Kyle Manzardo.

His mound opponent is left hander, Joey Cantillo, 8-6 4.02 ERA. He was the 16th round pick of the San Diego Padres out of Kailua High School in Hawaii in 2016. He was traded to the Guardians along with teammates, Gabriel Aria and Austin Hedges for Mike Clevenger and Greg Allen.

Cantillo has four appearances, three starts against the Reds with no  record and a 6.75 ERA. His last start against the Reds was on May 6. He allowed four runs in five innings on four hits and four walks. Dane Myers hit a home run.


No comments:

Post a Comment