About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Reds Select St Johns Basketball Recruit Amir Garrett in the 22nd Round

The Reds 22nd pick in the baseball draft is a 6'6" lefthanded pitcher Amir Garrett.

The Los Angeles native, has already signed a national letter of intent with St. John's University as a small forward.

Garrett played basketball at Findlay Prep in Las Vegas.  He also considered signing with Oregon, UNLV, California and Kansas.

It is possible for the Reds to sign him and he could still play at St. John's.   Former University of Cincinnati guard Keith LeGree played both professional baseball and college basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment