About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Reds Draft UC Pitcher in 20th Round

Dan Jensen a 6'8" RHP from Centerville, Ohio was taken by the Reds in the 20th round on Tuesday.

Jensen led Cincinnati with a 3.11 ERA.  He struck out 87 batters in 89 2/3 innings.  The senior was the 625th player taken in the draft.

UC has had at least one player selected in each of the last seven years.

There are three former UC players in the major leagues now.  Kevin Youkilis is playing for the Boston Red Sox, Tony Campana is with the Cubs and is starting in center field against the Reds on Tuesday and Josh Harrison was recently called up by the Pittsburgh Pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment