About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Phillips Wrist Hurts But Could Play Against the Dodgers

Brandon Phillips took his annual pitch off his right wrist in Thursday's win over Milwaukee.  He was on first base when Joey Votto assaulted the steamboat in center field with the game-winning home run.

"I didn't feel it until after the game," Phillips said as reporters questioned him about his abscence from Friday's lineup.  "Dusty is giving me an extra day.  I appreciated him for that.  I told him I could run or pinch hit.  I could play with it."

Phillips missed time last year when hit on the same wrist in San Francisco.  He had a hairline fracture then.  That is no the case this time.  It is simply sore.

"I don't know what it is but I keep getting hit on the wrist," Phillips said.  "In 2008 I got hit here," he said pointing to a spot on his right wrist.  "In 2009 I got hit here," he said pointing a spot on the wrist near his right thumb.

"It isn't the wrist so much," Baker said.  "I was going to give him two days off anyway.  I could see it in his legs.  He needed a day off.  With the off day yesterday, this gives him two.  I called him yesterday and told him to have a nice day off and he would be getting another one.  He usually fights me but this time he didn't"

Phillips said,"I had a lot of fun yesterday at Kings Island."

He highly reccommends the Diamondback.

No comments:

Post a Comment