About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Jay Bruce Gets Two Days Off As Reds Take On Brooklyn

Jay Bruce
Brooklyn Dodgers 1944
Manager Dusty Baker is sitting slugger Jay Bruce on Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles.  With the day off on Thursday, Bruce will get two days to get his legs under him.

Drew Stubbs is getting a rest too.

The Reds will be wearing the uniforms reminiscent of 1944, the year Joe Nuxhall appeared as a 15-year old high school student.  The Dodgers will wear the 1944 uniforms worn in Brooklyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment