About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Reds Schedule Pitching Around Hunter Greene's Absence

  https://gofund.me/b67c71781


Dateline: Cincinnati  


Hunter Greene will be examined in Los Angeles later today about 3:30 pm (pct) by Dr. Neal ElAttrache.

Greene was scheduled to start the final game of the three-game series against the Athletics on Thursday (080626).

Andrew Abbott was moved up a day.

On Friday the Reds will have a bullpen day with Luis Mey being the opener.

"That's what he's been doing in Louisville," Terry Francona said.

Mey has started one game among 32 appearances. He has no record and a 3.86 ERA over 37 1/3 innings with 26 walks and 51 strikeouts.

Nick Lodolo pitched 4 1/3 innings for Louisville on Wednesday. He threw 65 pitches in giving up three earned runs. He will get the start on Tuesday against the Chicago White Sox.

Brandon Williamson on the injured list since April with fatigue in his left shoulder was sent to Louisville for another rehab assignment.

He pitched two innings for Chattanooga against the Birmingham Barons on Sunday. Williamson gave up no runs and no hits with two walks and three strikeouts. He threw 39 pitches, 22 for strikes.

The Reds are also close to getting bullpen aces, Graham Ashcraft and Tony Santillan back. Santillan will pitch to live hitters when the team in Washington and they will see where he is after that.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment