About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer and a member of the Baseball Writers Association of America. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992.I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble.I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, August 7, 2026

Hunter Greene Surgery Ends Season

         https://gofund.me/b67c71781


Dateline: Cincinnati  


Hunter Greene was examined by Dr. Neal EllAttrache on Thursday night. 

He was the surgeon who removed the bone chips from Greene’s elbow on March 11. He returned just before the All-Star break and made five starts. The 

 Greene felt pain in the elbow on and off since his return. He reported pain after throwing a side on Tuesday in preparation for his scheduled start on Thursday. 

Dr. Timothy Kremchek performed an MRI but Greene flew to Los Angeles to get his elbow re examined by Dr. EllAtrache Thursday night.

President of baseball operations Nick Krall, told reporters at Nationals Park of the surgery.

Krall told them,”You never know how the bone chips affect the ligament. It could have happened on the ramp up. It could also have started way back then.”

Greene had surgery at 19 two years after the Reds made him the first pick of the 2017 draft. He misses 2019 and 2020 completely.

He has missed time every year since his entry into the Major Leagues on April 10, 2022 against Atlanta.

The Reds locked him up in April 2023 with a contract extension through 2028 with a team option for 2029.

Greene made 22 starts in 2022, 24 in 2023 and 26 in 2024. The last two seasons he was limited to 19 in 2025 and five this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment