About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Monday, March 20, 2023

Nick Lodolo Ready For Season Blanks The Angels In 10-0 Win


   `

There are three O's in the name of Nick Lodolo and he hung every last one of them on the Troutless, Ohtaniless Los Angeles Angels in his next to last tune up before the 2023 championship season.

"There were some mechanical things but those are going to happen during the season too," Lodolo said after his six scoreless innings.  He gave up two hits and three walks. He struck out seven.

Lodolo gave up a single and two walks after retiring eight of the nine batters, loading the bases.

"I knew exactly what I had to fix," Lodolo said.  "I feel like I'm ready. If this was the regular season, I could pitch now."

The Reds scored eight runs against Chase Silseth in the third inning.

Wil Myers homered and had an RBI single in the inning.  Jake Fraley, Spencer Steer and Chad Pinder doubled.

The Reds pounded out 14 hits. Jonathan India had three singles and drove in three runs. Kevin Newman had two hits.

Reiver Sanmartin, Ian Gibaut and Alex Young pitched scoreless innings.  Sanmartin (Columbia) and Gibaut (Great Britan) participated in the World Baseball Classic and recently returned to camp.







No comments:

Post a Comment