About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Brandon Williamson Hit Hard By Former Mates

 

Brandon Williamson was decent in his last start against the Oakland A's but his former team that traded him to the Reds for Jesse Winker and Eugenio Suarez.

Against Oakland he pitched four strong inning, allowing one run on two hits.  It was a different story against the Seattle 

Williamson gave up nine runs on eight hits and three walks.

"The Mariners are a fantastic team," Williamson said.  "They hit some good pitches, kudos to them. There were good pitches in there.  They were just on them."

"I was almost comfortable facing those guys.  Hopefully, tonight doesn't dictate what the season would look like for me. I don't think it would. I'm not any less prepared to be ready for the season," Williamson said. "Tonight sucks. There is a lot to learn from.  Whoever makes those decisions, it's on paper and I have to deal with it."

MInor leaguer Manuel Cachutt came in and surrendered six more runs.

Suarez tortured the Reds with a double and a home run.  Sam Haggerty, Tom Murphy, Teoscar Hernandez and Julio Rodriguez also homered for the Mariners. They banged out 16 hits to score 17 runs.

The Reds scored five. Jonathan India and Jose Barrero doubled for the Reds.  Joey Votto laced an RBI single.  Henry Ramos had two hits and an RBI.  Jake Fraley drove in a run with a single.















No comments:

Post a Comment