About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, May 27, 2022

Tommy PHam Sits Out Reds Giants Game Due To Altercantion With Joc Pederson


 

Tommy Pham was in the lineup for the Reds but was scratched from the lineup during the pre-game rain delay.

Pham and San Francisco Giant outfielder Joc Pederson had heated words during warmups.  The two had to be separted by me inmbers of both teams.

Major League Baseball in invesstigating the incident and Pham agreed not to play in  the game until the investigation is done.  Pederson did play in left field for the Giants and batted fourth.

San Francisco Giants' manager Gabe Kapler, who is avoiding the National Anthemn in protest of the shooting in Uvalde, Texas.

"We are investigating and learning as much as we can," Kapler said.  "I don't have more that that.  I sense that we will know more after the game."

The cause of the altercation is not clear at this time.



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment