About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Tyler Mahle Ready To Open The Season Twice

 

 

 


Tyler Mahle is looking forward to two opening days, the season opener against the Atlanta Braves on April 7 and the home opener against the Cleveland Guardians on April 12.

Mahle gave up five hits and two runs in his planned four innings.

"I feel good where I'm at.  I'm ready to go," Mahle said.

It was a shortened spring training but it felt longer to Mahle.

"It's kind of felt like a long time.  It feels normal," Mahle said.

He wanted his outing to last longer but David Bell put Jeff Hoffman to start the fifth instead.

"I felt good like I could go another one. I kinda wanted to go out for the fifth," Mahle said.

Now his next appearance will be after the bell rings.

"I was hoping that would happen. It's going to be pretty cool," Mahle said.

Offensively, Joey Votto had an RBI double and a single that scored a run.  He left the game for a pinch runner after that.  Tommy Pham got his first hit.  Mike Moustakas hit two doubles.  Nick Senzel had two hits in three plate appearances.  He is hitting .357 this spring.  Kyle Farmer hit his second home run of the spring. Tyler Stephenson is hitting .350 for the spring after clubbing a double in three at bats.

The Reds prevailed with a 6-3 win.








No comments:

Post a Comment