About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Joey Votto Hit His First Home Run Nick Lodolo Completes His Second Outing Against Kansas City

 

 

 

 


Joey Votto hit his first home run of the spring of left handed starter, Daniel Lynch, of the Kansas City Royals. 

Nick Lodolo pitched 2 1/3 innings, allowing four hits and a run in his second start.  Lodolo has an increased chance of making the opening day roster since Luis Castillo and Mike Minor will not be ready for the start of the season.

"I threw the ball pretty good," Lodolo said.  "I could have been a little sharper but I made pitches when I needed to. I moved the ball around for the most part."

Lodolo got out of a jam in the second inning.

"I haven't worked out of the stretch much," Lodolo said.  "That was something that was good to take away from the game."

"Maybe it wasn't his best stuff," David Bell said.  "He was able to get his pitch count up. He kind of locked in his breaking ball.  It was a good step for Nick."

Lodolo, who is not on the major league roster, has an uphill climb to crack the starting rotation.

"I don't do roster math.  I just pitch and compete and put yourself in the best positions. It is what I like to do," Lodolo said

 Wilson, a bullpen candidate gave up a three-run home run to Bobby Witt Jr.

Tony Santillan breezed through two scoreless innings. Art Warren had a nice inning according to Bell.

"Santillan was really good," Bell said. "He continues to just gain confidence each time out.  He is going in the direction where we can build him up but not too much so we can't back him up."

Santillan is being built up to start in case he's needed but also could work multiple innings out of the bullpen.

The Royals got three hits in the ninth to take game,5-4.








No comments:

Post a Comment