About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Friday, February 28, 2020

The Reds Use Strict Policy To Avoid Spread Of Virus




Nick Castellanos came into camp ill and was sent right home. The Reds have a strict policy that players and all Reds employees even writers who cover the team should not enter the camp if they are ill.  It is not a reaction to the corona virus.  It was instituted by the sickness that circulated through the clubhouse last season. 

“We have a very, very strict policy,” Bell said. “We put it in place when the whole team got sick last year.  I've never seen anything like what happened last year.  That really drained the team.  It was players, coaches.  I don't know what the final number were but it was crazy. Every team I've ever been on it was come in and they would kind of quarantine you but I don't think that works anymore.”

Mike Moustakas left because he and his wife are expecting a baby...Eugenio Suarez, who had minor shoulder surgery is throwing and taking swings.










No comments:

Post a Comment