About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Colerain Miami Grad To Coach Detroit Lions



Colerain High and Miami University grad Brayden Coombs was named special team coordinator for the Detroit Lions today.

Coombs, graduated from Colerain High in 2005.  He was a two-year starter at defensive back and returned punts on a team the won the Ohio State Division I football championship in 2004.

The son of longtime Colerain coach Kerry Coombs, played four season at wide receiver for the Miami Redhawks.

The 33-year old Coombs started on the staff of Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis in 2009.  The last five seasons he was the assistant to Bengals's special team coordinator Darrin Simmons.

No comments:

Post a Comment