About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Cutting It Close



The Reds have played in 84 games in which the margin of victory was two-runs or one-run.

Cincinnati has taken 24-of-56 one-run games (24-32) and 11-of-28 two run games (11-17).

"We've played a lot of close games," David Bell said.  "Even the ones we've lost, have been a good experience. To me it is, yes, we're getting close.  I like to use it as part of the process.  You can not replicate the experience of a pitcher being in that situation or a batter trying to get a hit against a good pitcher in that situation.  You can have spring training but the stakes are higher."







No comments:

Post a Comment