About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Reds Shakeup Bullpen For The Final Quarter


The Reds have 43 games to make up 7-1/2 games to earn either a division title or a wild card playoff spot.

In order to start the process the Reds re-arranged a tired bullpen.

The Reds placed the popular Jared Hughes on waivers and he was claimed by the Phillies.  Hughes and David Hernandez signed with the Reds prior to the 2018 season.  Both are gone.

The Reds sent Sal Romano back to Louisville.  They purchased the contract of Joel Kuhnel,  The 23-year old stands 6'4" and weighs 265 pounds.  He started the season at Chattanooga and was promoted to Louisville on June 20.  He appeared in 16 games for Louisville and had a 2.00 ERA.  The 11th round pick in the 2016 draft pitched in 25 games at the Double A level with a 2.27 ERA.  He had 14 saves in 18 chances. 

"They called me in the office and told me that I was going back to /Chattanooga," said the Peoria, Arizona resident, who pitched at Texas-Arlington and Central Arizona College.  "It took me an hour and a half to drive here from Louisville.  It was the longest hour and a half of my life."

The Reds brought back Matt Bowman from Louisville.








No comments:

Post a Comment