About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Joe Votto Still Out Eugenio Suarez Ready Jesse Winkier Available




Joey Votto's recovery has been slow.  He will not be available for the game four against the St. Louis Cardinals.  This is the fourth game that he will miss.  The Reds placed Votto on the 10-day injured list and recalled Bryan O'Grady from Louisville.

Jesse Winker will be available off the bench.  His shoulder problem affects his throwing more than hitting.

"He could probably play today," David Bell said.  The Reds will continue to use Phillip Ervin in right field.

Eugenio Suarez missed just one game with a sprained left thumb.

The Reds have a short bench.  Michael Lorenzen had two hits Saturday night and pitched two innings.

"I tend to forget what a good athlete he is," Bell said.  "He pitched two innings last night but he only threw 20 pitches.  I'm not ready to say I won't use him to pitch."

Lorenzen has a higher batting average .357 than ERA 3.29.

Actually the Reds have two other pitchers with higher batting averages than ERA.  They are Jose Peraza, who is hitting .237. He has pitched in two games, totaling an inning and a third with no runs allowed.  Kyle Farmer has pitched an inning and a third in one pitching appearance with no runs allowed.  He is hitting .243.








No comments:

Post a Comment