About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Reds Try To Avoid The Spirit Of '31





The Reds' current 2-11 start is the worst since 1955.

A loss today will be the worst start since 1931 when the Reds dropped to 2-13 on May 12, 1931.  That team didn't win its third game until the second game of the double header that same day.

Si Johnson was the winning pitcher with a complete game in the 3-2 win. The Reds' starting lineup that day was Ed Roush CF, Wally Roetger RF, Joe Stripp 3B, Harvey Hendrick 1B, Nick Cullop LF,  Hod Ford 2B, Leo Durocher SS, Lena Styles C and Johnson P.


The Reds finished the season with a 58-96 record.

It would be the curse of Pete Rose, who was born on this date in 1941. 






No comments:

Post a Comment