About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Amir Garrett Finds A Way In Reds Win






Amit Garrett did what he said he was going to do during the Reds 6-3 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks and the camp in general.

Garrett pitched four scoreless innings, allowed one hit, a walk and hit a batter.

"Tucker was really getting me going today, screaming at me in the bullpen, 'fine Amir', I felt good from the beginning.  I did what I had to do.  I came in here and did what I said I was going to do," Garrett said.  "I definitely feel that if I'm not one of the top five, I'm definitely in the top 12.  Now it is up to them."

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Garrett was not listed as one of the candidates for the Reds rotation on the first day as Bryan Price laid out the pecking order on the pitching staff roles.

"I'm just a baller, man. I'm here to do whatever. I feel I can help the team in multiple ways. I want them to know that," Garrett said.

Garrett has had four good outings in five appearances.  He gave up two runs in two innings on March 7.  Since, he has two games with a total of six scoreless innings.

"He threw four scoreless innings and I thought he had better stuff in most of his previous outings," Bryan Price said.  "Today he wasn't behind the ball.  The movement was a little lateral but he found a way to manage the game without his best command.  To me that says a lot about where he is with his confidence."

The Reds scored three runs off Diamondbacks starter, Zack Godley.  Alex Blandino singled in the first inning. Scott Schebler and Adam Duvall walked.  Sebastian Elizalde singled to score two runs.

Garrett was hit by a pitch in the third.  Blandino tripled over the head of Rey Fuentes in center field.

Schebler's third home run with Suarez on base off left-hander Antonio Bastardo put the Reds up 5-0.

Raisel Iglesias struck out one in a perfect fifth inning.

Arizona scored two runs off Austin Brice in the sixth inning.

Ketel Marte hit an RBI single to score David Peralta.  Jake Lamb's sacrifice fly scored Kristopher Negron.

Brice pitched a scoreless eighth.

Zack Weiss allowed his first run in 6 1/3 innings when Christian Walker double home a run.

Brandon Dixon hit his fourth home run off Jimmy Sherfy in the eighth.
.
Vance Worley finished the Diamondbacks in a scoreless ninth.

"Worley is competing for the bullpen and adding depth to our starting pitching," Price said.

No comments:

Post a Comment