About Me

My photo
I am a freelance writer. I've covered the Cincinnati Reds, Bengals and others since 1992. I have a background in sales as well. I've sold consumer electronics, advertising and consumer package goods for companies ranging from the now defunct Circuit City to Procter&Gamble. I have worked as a stats operator for Xavier University, the University of Cincinnati, the College of Mount St. Joe and Colerain High School.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Reds Call For Calvalry Move Asher Wojociechowski And Jake Buchanan






The Reds removed Asher Wojociechowski and Jake Buchanan from the roster to make room for Stuart Turner and Lisalverto Bonilla.

“We hate to lose Asher,” Bryan Price said. “He has to accept assignment or elect free agency.  We hope he stays. I like his stuff.  He may be better suited for long relief.”

http://www.wiedemannbeer.com/
Both Wojociechowski and Buchanan pitched on Saturday.  The Reds needed a fresh arm and Turner has exhausted his rehab assignment after recovery from injury.  Turner has to be carried on the Reds’ 25-man roster all year or be offered back to the Minnesota Twins for $25,000.  The Reds would love to keep him but with Tucker Barnhart and Devin Mesoraco healthy Turner will get little playing time.

“It was good to get regular at bats and get built up to play nine innings again,” Turner said.  “I can’t worry about whether I will stay here or be sent back to the Twins.  I have to make the most of the opportunities I get.”

Buchanan still has options left so he can be moved back and forth between Louisville and Cincinnati.

The Reds will need two roster spots soon for Homer Bailey, who pitches another rehab assignment in Louisville tomorrow.  Brandon Finnegan isn’t far behind.







No comments:

Post a Comment